Our 14′ Lund!
The boys and I braved the cool weather yesterday and got out in the water for the first time this year. Last weekend with the nice weather we pulled the boat out of storage (Timmy's Garage) and cleaned it all up. As expected the motor with some new lower unit oil yearly fired up in maybe 5 seconds and idled down to a purr. We are actively looking for a new boat that will accommodate our common three man fishing crew. This little guy does the trick most of the time but when Melissa wants to come with that makes it a little tougher.
Some elbow grease on there cleaned off the hull and the inside and away we went!
- Electric Start 2006 25HP 4-Stroke Johnson
- 3/4" wood cut Platform and carpeted insert for the bow can be just pulled out
- 36lb Minnkota thrust modified for the bow (can have the head turned back around for stern mounting with one screw)
- Bilge pump worked perfect
- Nav lights front and pole in the back work great
- Lowrance Elite4 Chirp with US States microSD card
- Truck bed lined interior (doesn't get hot even on the hottest of days because of the water cooling it from underneath)
- 2 Deep Cycle Marine batteries, one for the engine the other for electronics (both fit in the middle seat cavity that flips up.
- 2 Nearly brand new seats
- 6.6 gallon gas tank under front bow platform can go for days and days on this 4-Stroke!
Hear how quiet & effortless the motor is when starting in this video [here]...